AWZAR Group is committed to the safety of employees, contractors, and the general public. We recognize that providing and integrating a sound environmental, health, and safety program into our business is key to our success.
It is AWZAR’s policy to:
- Comply with all Health, safety, and environmental laws, rules, and regulations, not just because it is legally required, but also because we believe it is the responsible way to conduct our business.
- Set HSE targets and goals annually to measure our performance, to achieve superior results, and to improve.
- Monitor and revise safety systems and environmental assessments on a regular basis.
- Provide education and training to our employees in order for them to have the knowledge, skills, and understanding to perform their responsibilities and duties at the highest level.
- Routinely review and verify performance with audits, evaluations, and other quality assurance and quality control methods.
- Empower and expect employees and contractors to promptly report non-compliance or unsafe conditions and to take immediate action to prevent injuries or environmental accidents.
- Provide relevant safety and health information to contractors and require them to provide proper training for the safe, environmentally sound performance of their work.
- Communicate our commitment to this policy to our contractors and seek their support, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with all safety and environmental related rules and regulations, each employee understands that they are individually responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them. Violation of this policy will be cause for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
AWZAR Group aims to achieve the highest standards of Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment, incorporating the principles of sustainable development throughout its worldwide business.
AWZAR Group is committed to training all employees in the appropriate use of its Quality management systems, strengthening its management through updating professional and managerial skills.
- AWZAR will actively pursue quality improvements through programs that enable each employee to do their job right the first time.
- AWZAR ensures that all Services and Products provided by AWZAR as per the Client’s requirements.
- AWZAR will be fully committed to improving the quality of our services.
- AWZAR ensures that all quality system requirements including ISO 9001:2015 are being fulfilled and that the system is continually reviewed to improve its effectiveness.
- AWZAR will train and develop company personnel with a particular emphasis on local employees in the execution of quality work and understanding of the quality system.
- AWZAR employs Qualified and/or Experienced Personnel to ensure the high quality of the final products and services.
- AWZAR continually improves the Quality Management System of the Company.
This policy shall be distributed to all company locations, and shall be the concern of each employee of the company.
AWZAR recognizes and accepts providing a safe, healthy workplace and work environment for employees and others (Contractors, Visitors, and the Public) that may be affected by our work.
Continual improvement in Health and Safety performance will be achieved by setting objectives, measuring progress, and communicating results on a continual basis to all management & staff.
Our statement of general policy is :
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plants and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction, and supervision for employees to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related injuries.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
All employees have to :
- Co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters.
- Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety.
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person.
AWZAR believes to have the responsibility to care for and protect the environment where we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
- AWZAR assesses the environmental effects of all operations.
- AWZAR continuously seeks to improve environmental performance.
- AWZAR committed to reducing pollution, emissions, and waste.
- AWZAR will train employees by raising awareness and encourage participation.
- AWZAR expects similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- AWZAR will assist customers in making environmentally-sensitive choices.
- AWZAR will minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
The purpose of the Personal Protective Equipment Policy is to protect the employees of AWZAR from exposure to workplace hazards.
Personal protective equipment will be provided, used, and maintained when it has been determined that is required to ensure the safety of AWZAR employees and that such use will lessen the severity of the injury.
AWZAR Personal Protective Equipment Policy includes :
- Responsibilities of supervisors and employees.
- Hazard assessment and PPE selection.
- Employee training.
- Cleaning and Maintenance of PPE.
HSE Supervisor is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of AWZAR PPE policy, this involves :
- Conducting workplace hazard assessments to determine the presence of hazards that necessitate the use of PPE.
- Selecting the right PPE.
- Reviewing, updating, and conducting PPE hazard assessment whenever
- There is a new project.
- New equipment is used.
- There has been an accident.
- A supervisor or employee requests it.
- Every year.
- Maintaining records on hazard assessments.
- Maintaining records on PPE assignments and training.
- Providing training, guidance, and assistance to supervisors and employees on the proper use, care, and cleaning of approved PPE.
- Periodically reevaluating the suitability of previously selected PPE.
- Reviewing, updating, and evaluating the overall effectiveness of PPE use, training, and policies.
- Providing appropriate PPE and making it available to employees.
The purpose of this policy is to outline various obligations drivers (excluding assigned various obligations drivers (excluding assigned administrative vehicle drivers) have when using Company owned, leased, or rented vehicles.
DRIVER QUALIFICATION AND TRAINING
All drivers shall hold Defensive Driving Certificates and a valid state or territory driver’s license for the class applicable to the type of vehicle being driven.
A fastening seat belt available in a vehicle is mandatory for AWZAR drivers and subcontractors.
All drivers and subcontractors must respect the speed limits on public roads and a safe distance between vehicles shall be maintained.
JOURNEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Journey Management System shall take into account any possible emergencies that may occur including injury to personnel, property/goods damage, and environmental damage.
Driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or any drugs or narcotics is strictly prohibited and subject to disciplinary action including termination as stated in the AWZAR Drugs and Alcohol Policy.
Operating cellular phones while driving is prohibited, even if a hands-free set is available.
In AWZAR, we are committed to maintaining a work environment without drugs and alcohol. The presence of drugs and alcohol at the workplace poses a tremendous threat to employee safety and security.
To deliver on our commitment, we will :
- AWZAR communicates Drugs and Alcohol Policy to all employees and subcontractors as appropriate.
- AWZAR complies with all applicable drugs and alcohol, laws, regulations, and statutory obligations.
- AWZAR routinely observe our employees for behaviors which would indicate a drug or alcohol problem and implement proactive preventive measure before this behavior results in harm to the employee or colleagues.
- AWZAR strictly prohibits the use, sales, transfer, or possession of illegal drugs or controlled substances anywhere on its premises or within its vehicles.
It is our policy to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and we are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate and in implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery.
We will uphold all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption. However, we remain bound by the laws of Iraq in respect of our conduct both at home and abroad.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Set out our responsibilities and of those working for us, in observing and upholding our position on bribery and corruption.
- To provide information and guidance to those working for us on how to recognize and deal with bribery and corruption issues.
Bribery and corruption are punishable for individuals by imprisonment and if found to have taken part in corruption we could face an unlimited fine, be excluded from tendering for public contracts and face damage to our reputation. We, therefore, take our legal responsibilities very seriously and we have conducted a risk assessment to identify any key areas which may potentially pose a particular risk to our organization.
In this policy, the third party means any individual or organization you come into contact with during the course of your work for us and includes actual and potential clients, customers, suppliers, distributors, business contacts, agents, advisers, and government and public bodies, including their advisors, representatives and officials, politicians and political parties.